Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Days!

A very busy, productive weekend .... my favorite kind!

Frank was busy playing golf, watching ASU football, and the Yankees ... he's a die hard Yankee fan from growing up watching them as a little boy. He's hoping they finish off the world series tonight!

I was busy making this ....

Its a plain little wood chest that I got at Hobby Lobby when I was in Wisconsin. Its covered with 10SS pearl metal, highlighted with Rangers dimensional pearls acrylic paint, which gave it a very cool marbled effect. There's close to 180 smokey topaz gems on it ... and it just sparkles in the light! The drawers have cork lining on the bottom and distressed papers on the sides.

And of course the back has to be pretty too ...

And my Copic markers and 10SS tools fit perfectly in the drawers!

Frenzy Stamper has Copic markers in stock now!! If you haven't played with them yet ... oh, yeah, you really should try them out!

Hey Phoenix people!! Do you know that we now have two more Hobby Lobby's that are having a grand opening today?? One is on Cactus and Tatum, the other Ray and I-10 .... both, much closer to me than the others!! I won't tell you how many times I've been to the one on Cactus and they've only been open a week!! Oh, I'm in trouble!

Have a great week!


4 comments:

  1. Sharon
    That is absolutely stunning!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!! you go girl.. you are so creative.. :) Big hugsssss your way! I'm jealous you have a HB so close to you.. I wish i did.. but then again.. its probably best I dont! Id be there daily! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO, GIRL!!!!! What a fabulous, fabulous work of ART. I LOVE it!

    Simply Stunning....I've run out of words...too cool works, too!

    Your Friend in ART.

    Linda Cain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just awesome! I love the effect the paint gives to the metal, did you sponge or wipe that on?

    ReplyDelete