Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Bountiful Harvest ....

... in so many ways! Thank you Carol Wingert!!

The lucky girls that attended this event have been looking forward to it for a few months now ... and it didn't disappoint at all!! Everything about this event was about fall ... fall colors, decor, food ... and even though we broke a high heat record yesterday at 109, you could still feel the chill of fall everywhere ... it was grand!

Patty has attended the past events held at Carols, and offered to host one at her house. We arrived at Patty's around 8:30 Saturday morning and were shown upstairs to the loft, which comfortably seated 16 working areas.

Carol had a table filled with these darling "cupcakes", seated on a beatiful china pedestal ... she had made and personalized one for each of us. So "sweet" ... yes!

At our place setting was our kit ... housed in this fabulous rusted chest ....

Carol started around 9 with the introduction of what the day would hold ....


Shared with us the amazing technique filled heirloom book that we would be creating .... might I just add that she is incredibly talented!!!

After the introduction we headed to the kitchen for our first feast ... breakfast!


After feeding on croisants and quiche and fruit and all the other delectables we headed back upstairs. Carol presented each of us with our "cupcake" and we introduced ourselves.

Lots of sewing going on .... we each had our turns on the numerous sewing machines ....


The first 4 hours flew by and it was time to head back to the kitchen for lunch .... this is our grand hostess, Patty. She and her husband did all the cooking and cleaning ... what a delight!!

Each meal was presented with a complete menu listing .... lunch was turkey and pork and sweet potatoes with all the special trimmings .... a truly bountiful fall menu. So delicious!!

Patty's home is so pretty ... groups gathered here and there during meals. It was so easy to feel right at home.
Several more hours flew by ... and it was time for dessert! I can't say this was the highlight of the day because there were SO many highlights, but these were a favorite!! Those white balls are balls made of red velvet cake dipped in the perfect icing, held on a stick in the bouquet .. no one wanted to pull them out of the pot, but we all wanted to eat them!

After dessert it was back to the loft and time to start winding down .... the perfect end to a perfect day!!
Carol, you're the best!! I can't thank you enough for the efforts and energy that you put into making these days so special for us lucky ladies that get to enjoy this with you!
I'm off to unpack my goodies from yesterday and fondle my book a bit!
Enjoy your week!











3 comments:

  1. Sharon !!!!!!! Wow!!! It looks like you all had such a wonderful time!! So way cool! The food looks so yummy! :-) I miss you!!

    Hugssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon
    Thank you for sharing your great photos of the "A Bountiful Life" event.
    I'm an avid follower of Carol and since finding her blog I've bought each of the Heirloom kits.


    As I live on the other side of the world in New Zealand it's sadly impossible for me to attend these events.
    I always eagerly await Carol's post telling us all the fun bits about the day.
    I ooh and aah over the special touches she always comes up with!
    The food is always amazing too - a real "GIRLS" day out!!
    This time she mentioned you had posted about it so I thought I would come over and read your perspective!!!

    Carol's kits are truly magical - there is nothing to match them in this part of the world.
    As you can imagine I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the BIG CARTON from America!!!

    Please come and visit me and I'll get out my prettiest teacups and make you very welcome!!
    I'm off to check out the rest of your posts now!
    Take care
    big hugs from New Zealand
    Shane xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful time you all must have had...I've been bad about visiting blogs lately.
    Finally had some time to sit and enjoy!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete