Friday, January 22, 2010

Tornadoes? Rain?

I live in the desert ... I'm not even sure I spelled tornado right .... and rain, well that is a scarce and beautiful thing. But last night ... we had a storm pass through the valley that has already gone down in the history books as one of the worst storms to ever hit Phoenix and the state of Arizona!

Around 5 pm, the governor of the state issued some emergency status, the airport was shut down for several hours and lots of flights were cancelled ... i only remember that happening once before when the temperature outside hit 122, and they were afraid the tarmac at the airport would melt the rubber on the planes tires .... and the wind proceeded to blow harder than I've ever seen. There were two tornado warnings issued, but thankfully never were confirmed to be tornadoes.

And the rain ... in many places we had 4" of rain fall .... thats more than we usually get in a year. Yes, things are a bit saturated this morning!

And snow .... lots and lots of it up in the mountains.

Being in the insurance industry .... I'm hoping we didn't loose too many roofs last night!!

But I love this kind of weather ... it refreshes and revitalizes me ..... just in time to head off to CHA tomorrow! Can't wait to see all the new and exciting things!!

Photos of the fun stuff .... next week

No comments:

Post a Comment