Sunday, January 10, 2010

I love picture frames ..

.. full price, half price, bargain frames ... i just love cool picture frames ... and then follows the hunt for the perfect photo to compliment the frame.

But, I have to admit, there's nothing better than searching the closeout aisle at Hobby Lobby, or the markdowns at TJ Maxx, and finding the perfect frame, preferably marked down to a mere pittance, that can be painted, further distressed, covered with paper, or embossed with metal .. so you get the picture. Terri, my idol, is the master of turning the ugliest frame you could imagine into a piece of art!!

In my last post, I mentioned that I found a great deal on some very nice frames. They started out purple and chartreuse. I like to wear those colors, but I'm not so fond of them on picture frames.

So I spent the day today, retooling them a bit ... cuttlebug embossing folders with metal .. and thanks Dawn and David for making it even easier!!


... and the best part is .. the templates fit so perfectly into their spots, that I didn't have to permanantly adhere them, so I can redo the design and/or the color any time I'd like!

Now the hunt starts for the perfect photos!

2 comments:

  1. Sharon,
    I love those.. what a cool idea!!! You rock!! Im getting addicted to frames too.. cant have enough. :) I hope you have a great day!!!! hugssssssssssssssssssssssss to ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love them!!!!! One week until CHA...can't wait!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete